Saturday, March 3, 2018

The begining

Over the past couple of days I've been super excited to begin planning this film opening. The story is about a boy, William who has struggled with OCD for most of his life and through a crazy turn of events meets a girl, Augustus. Now Augustus is showing the beginning signs of schizophrenia and it is slowly interfering with her everyday life. She has both the positive and negative symptoms which include: showing no emotion, auditory hallucinations, disorganized behavior, repetitive movements ect. Now when they meet it is everything but perfect. William is completely overwhelmed by Gus's presence, and Gus is repulsed by Williams cumpulsive behavior. Now I definitely want to stray away from a cliche love story and focus more on these two individuals who are greatly misunderstood by society. The story would focus on how the smallest, most peculiar things, can change someones life forever.



The inspiration:
A little less than two years ago I used to work at Aeropostale. Now I came in that day with the usual thought of "But do you REALLY need this job? do you REALLY have to go in there?" I found the courage to walk inside , and by good fortune met one of the most beautiful people I have ever come to encounter in my life. His name was Danny and I really don't know why, but I found myself sprinting 45 mph across sawgrass to go get spaghetti from Super Target. It was funny because I had just met him and we were just both so mutually excited about this spaghetti . Anyway fast forward to the end of our shift the both of us really did not want to go home, and Danny was like "Gabby we have to go to the parking garage" and here I am thinking this kid is going to murder me, 1st spaghetti now the parking garage this is it I am going to die. Regardless of my irrational fear we drove all the way to the top. Right when I parked Danny literally just hopped out the car and sat right on the ledge of this parking garage and I screamed "Danny are u FUCKING CRAZY do you want to die WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!" and all he said was "You have to do this, you have not lived until you've done this" it took me about 15 minutes for me to climb on the ledge because I was so scared, and when I finally did this kid was like "great now stand up" and I did but my entire body was shaking like if I accidentally sneezed and fell that was it that was the end of Gabby. Danny then said "alright dude now just scream as loud as you can" and I just stared at him while he screamed "AHHHHHHH" and then two seconds later I joined in "AHHHHHHHH" and when we finally finished screaming and got down Danny said something like "Wasn't that fucking insane" and I just started crying because that was literally the scariest thing I have ever done in my life. Moral of the story is sometimes you just have to do crazy shit with a stranger you met 6 hours ago, and have them totally change the way you look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product !!!!

A Girl Named Gus