Sunday, April 8, 2018

Music

Ever since the beginning of the idea "A Girl Named Gus" I knew I wanted music in the background. I just needed to wait for the right song. A couple weeks ago by a pure miracle I heard a song "Headache" by Frank Black who is the lead singer from The Pixies. This song literally, LITERALLY summarized my two characters perfectly. I managed to get in contact with the record label in order to seek permission to use the song. The woman who helped me was extremely nice, and she explained to me about online licensing fees, and granted me permission to use the song as long as I also got permission from the publisher as well. That granted to be much more difficult than I had anticipated, I found a license request form on their website but then it would not let me submit it :/, then with a bit more research I found someone who I could contact from the publisher and went ahead and sent them an email. They. did. not. respond. ://. So I emailed them another 3 times as a "follow up" but the universe knows I was just spamming them. Im just waiting for them to respond at this point, but I have a backup song thats not copyrighted at all as a backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product !!!!

A Girl Named Gus